Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tsu.. who ??? Boxing Day to remember...




The word tsunami is actually quite sexy to me hehehehe .It sounds like some japanese girl's name. But boy , the destruction it can cause is massive.

Malaysia was affected by this penomenon during the weekend. Very rare indeed , i believe it is the first ever major natural disaster that affected the whole country. The last count i heard - 51 of our countrymen died , My condolonces to their families. Penang , Langkawi , Perlis and Kedah was badly hit by this unsuspected disaster.It was obvious in the amateur video shot caught by one of our tourist in penang , everyone was sort of just looking and feeling relaxed ABOUT IT till the biggie came and swept them off...



the scene from Tanjung Tokong road , Penang..the aftermath

Where was I when it happened ? Amazingly being on the 4th floor of HKL , we didn't feel a thing at that 9am. I was doing rounds with Wan in CCU. Wan received an sms telling about the quake. I laughed at Wan and told him that what a cheap line for a girl to woo him. I did not realize about this phenomenon until i met my parents in TTDI at night when I actually saw the news. My..my..

In retrospective , these phenomenons are manifestation of god's greatness. Imagine , wiping off places like Phuket .. just like that within minutes.Repentance and fear of god should be more obvious after these major disasters.
My wife was asking me , why am i so relaxed about it and not like sort of afraid as these manifestations are signs of the nearing of kiamat ?? haks.. Well , its just me.. Quay sera..sera..

No comments: