Sunday, January 07, 2007

Working hard on Sunday

I changed my call with Fatma and doing her Sunday call rather than Saturday. Wifey is on call on Sunday therefore it would be more than logical for me to change !

I've just finished my afternoon rounds and the good news is I have only 4 patients in the ICU !!! Haks... well , we've closed half of our ICU because we are having an outbreak of Acinebacter Baumanniiat the moment.The ICU need to clean up the area involved ( which is very very unlikely to do unless it is thoroughly cleaned for 2 weeks !! ) Our UMMC bug is a very dangerous one as it is multi resistant to the commonly used antibiotics we have in ICU ( don't they all ??) . If we are to bring in a patient with a surgical wound , if the bug infect the patient most likely they will die because of this infection. Therefore , we are not taking admissions today and this is definitely more good news for me !!!

Seeing only 4 patients may look easy from the outside but it is not !! I've been trying to salvage and doing a lot of trouble shooting & adjustment here and there since morning ! I am lucky now that we have another person who's taking referral calls from all around the hospital. I am thankful that i have only these 4 for now but when we are fully operational I can imagine the hecticness!

Ahh.. patient bed 16 suddenly went very very tachycardic they said ..hmm.. think its AF.. have to go !!!

No comments: