Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Reaching half way 2020

2020. What a surprise it has been. Who would have thought in 2019, what is currently happening at the moment. Thw whole world has changed with the introduction of Covid19 - a smart bio terrorism agent impairing all including the superpowers of the world. The war that the whole 8 billion human population had to endure with ;- silent but very damaging maybe not so much on the mortality rate but more of the uncertain future it has pose to the next generation.

I glanced through my blog from 10 years ago. The content was very raw- honest life experience as how I felt there and then. How I have progressed and am at where I am at the moment. Still relatively young, there are more years to come godwilling. I reckon its very unfortunate that I may not have been active in the last few years on the blog ( I blame it to other social medias! FB, twitter, IG) as these medium may have occupied my time in browsing rather than expressing myself.

I used to blog during my calls, in between patients as it was pointless to try to sleep when your mind was very active even in the wee hours of the morning. Nowadays, I guess its age factor as well, I don’t seem to sit down and throw my thoughts in this space of mine. I wonder why.. is it that my life has gone plateau that I don’t find it interesting to pen my thoughts anymore?

One good thing I reckon I achieved through blogging was somehow it improved my written english. Eventhough there’s no teacher to correct my grammar or pinpoint where I can make my writing more interesting, it has evolved so much. My flow is definitely better than what it was 10 years ago. I was very surprised the other day when the story that was published was my own. Ie the editor did not change much my sentences and flow! Interesting!

It has been a very eventful year for me too. My Aconcagua trip to the unlucky short visit to Egypt for Meng’s wedding; and then the MCO with my Covid fellowship in Sungai Buloh. Who would have thought we are banned from going to the mosque to perform Friday prayers and the ususal ingredient of tarawikh in mosque has since become a distant memory. No wonder the keyhome message from the China Medical team (during their visit to our country) was cherish your time.. cherish your family. Its true because I have a feeling, things are not going to be the same again post Covid19 era. 

1 comment:

kestrel said...

Thank you for being at the fore front and keeping your patients safe. Very interesting blog articles. Yes, so much has changed in the past 2 months of MCO, then CMCO, one would never have thought that Friday prayers could not be performed. Keep writing, keep safe