Tuesday, August 03, 2021

A month since I've been away

Its almost a month that I am out of the country. Surprisingly it did not feel that long. Surprisingly I am fairly comfortable with where I am. Away from the typical hustle bustle of normal life but in a fairly demanding job to ensure that the medical services go well and without hiccups.
Surviving the first month without severe reprecussion is good enough I reckon but it is something to be expected. There were few dodgy ones but Alhamdulillah it was managed accordingly and patient was well.
After one month my relationship with the guys here has been well. It is fun to have them as colleagues and they do really look up to me for guidance. They are good enough to run the centre and I am sure they will continue to excel and flourish. Its interesting to see how they have progressed based on the progress report that I have been briefed from previous expats in a space of 4 years. 
The overall condition in the country can be a bit dodgy looking at daily updates on FB, twitter and mainstream news. Somehow whatever happens, this area that I am at maybe the last to be fought over and I am waiting patiently what will be the outcome.
How about myself? I believe it is such a rebreather for me to reset and reflecting back on my life. I have certainly not spoken Malay for a month now (maybe short ones on the phone) but otherwise it is interesting how English becomes the bridging language between the European expats, local Nationals and myself. Such a unifying language in the current context.

No comments: