Monday, January 08, 2024

A review of New Year resolutions

Every new year, everybody will be drawn into making new year resolutions. It is only on next year’s 1st January we might make a review whether the aspirations were achieved. The more kiasu ones will review it before the 1st of the new year lah. Not me obviously😆

As far as i can remember, I have always had weight reduction as my new year’s goal. Every year haha I guess its the ongoing battle between my real pastime of eating and ensuring Im not overweight for health reasons. I am a foodie - I enjoy food very much but perhaps at the age I am now, Ihave to thread carefully. Becoming obese is something I dont want to but it is very difficult to maintain the discipline.

I managed to balance my caloric intake and maintain a good weight of below 80kgs 10 years ago when I was in Perth. I was able to exercise as hard as I eat. Nowadays especially back in KL now and me leaving quite far away from my working place, it is almost impossible to find time to do my runs. I had the dream of doing the ironman but unfortunately that goal is still unreachable. Friends of mine have managed to do it and achieve envious level of fitness. I’m sure I can do that too with my basic level of fitness from before but time is definitely my enemy.

So must find time? Yes.. I really have to. For my health and also my family. Writing this down would be a good start to remind myself my priorities for 2024.

No comments: