Friday, June 13, 2008

Wow.. Remy aka P Ramlee


After a long exodus from Istana Budaya , I bought tickets for P Ramlee the Musical about 2 weeks ago. Wifey was keen to go for a night out watching theater and what would be more rewarding than to watch our own Malaysian production. I was quite surprised that I was eligible for the student card discount !!! Hahahaha.. 30% pulak tu , and i got myself pretty good seats for the show. Another plus point was the ticketing lady ( who i thought was 23ish ) called me adik after I asked whether my student card was valid for the discount !! ( Student tua... )


I thoroughly enjoyed the musical ! It was excellent with the scene takes , props and singing troupe. There was character on every corner of the stage ( I can imagine Adlin using the phrase .. " Kau gunakan pentas tu ! " to his actors and actresses. It was simply world class and at par with the ones staged in UK. Awesome !!
Musly was really P Ramlee , with his voice and charactership. He eats and breathes P Ramlee literally. His rendition of P Ramlee's Azizah , Hujan di tengah hari , Jeritan BAtinku , Getaran Jiwa.. wow .. it was like him from the grave !! Liza Hanim's chemistry with Musly was excellent , and you can feel P Ramlee's love for Saloma during the Gelora scene. Simply superb and I just love the romance with wit as how P Ramlee would do it himself. Melissa Saila played Norizan whole-heartedly and her emotions really caught the audience. Atilia was another singing goddess and I had to applaud her the most ! ( which i did at the end of the show..and wifey was jealous !! Hahahaha ) Emelda as Azizah was just Ok , but i guess the fact that the singing was penned for Siti made you feel that something was missing.


with the Director.. Bro Adlin.. Caya la bro !
It was an enjoyable outing and though it ended at midnight , I wish we had encore. Hmmm.. minat nak berlakon theater la pulak...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hye dr M..
i'm a medical student from hukm
i'm one of ur silent readers ;P
just wanted to ask, before entering anaesth posting,what do u think the basic thing that i should grab..
thanks in advance aite..really love ur story especially the one that boost ur adrenaline hehe

mafeitz said...

thank you for reading my blog ! Hahaha macam celebrity pulak..

Well , for anaesthesia posting.. don't worry ; enjoy the posting , keep an open mind and be assertive ! Ask your anaesthetist questions about our procedures and how we do things .. We anticipate acute problems and solve them immediately ; which can be very stressful to few !