Sunday, December 17, 2023

MDQs in Cambodia

I have always wanted to bring MDQs to join me in this project. Alhamdulillah, it was possible this year when we timed it during the school holidays. It was also their first oversea trip after Qatar 2018. Qayyum couln’t make it as he just enrolled to Asasi UM. It would have been more fun to have him around.
This was a different kind of trip. I wanted to expose them to what I do during my free time.Maybe this would give them a glimpse of my frequent travels away from home when they were young. Ive never had the opportunity to tell them my stories and this trip certainly brought us closer to know each other. The last 4 years was hard with me being away in Johor and in a way we drifted a bit. I have to admit I’ve not been hands on lately due to issues that cropped up in my relationship with their mother.
MDQs were treated to be part of the bigger team especially when we travelled to the province for our sunat do. They were given jobs and Alhamdulillah they did well. They were even praised by other team members when they rose up to sort the CSSD together. I was so proud of them for that!
Im sure that they’ve enjoyed the trip and I did too. We had our chance to talk about so many things and for them to know me. Qaisya certainly tried to be in the crowd and socialized really well. Mizan was a classic character which my friends just laughed seeing his antiques. Marissa managed to get the local Cambodian peer to belanja her! Haha

Masing2 memang ada perangai and personality tersendiri. What i wanted for them is the exposure and at the same time to mingle around with the adult crowd. I do believe that somwhow they were not so learned with social skills to mingle and be part of the society. Cant blame them because they were never brought into this atmosphere; friends are important and to share this with them is equally important. Children do idolise and imitate what their parents do.
              My scary boat ride
          Overlooking vietnam
Alhamdulillah it was a good trip for them and also for me. I was really happy they embraced it well and may they have good memories of this.

No comments: