Monday, December 11, 2023

TIVA not the first choice for GA!

The UKM organizers invited me to their Symposium yesterday not for a normal talk but for a debate! Haha I've not done this for a long time and it was refreshing to be the debater again. We've been organizing this debate session for our Regional Anaesthesia symposiums since 2017 - and incorporated as a must for our NRAS. Usually I'll be involved as the moderator or behind the scenes, not to sure why but perhaps because I dont think anybody would want to debate with me haha This time around Pak Dan was kind enough to be the panel - but of course since this is a TIVA symposium, I had the heavier task to go against the tide.

The whole fraternity is against inhalationals nowadays for a better world? Haha How do you defend that? But I must say I was glad I went to Vincent Chan's talk in Korea Anaesthesia recently and it gave me the insight of how to argue my case. I'm sure everybody was surprised to discover how the carbon footprint can be higher for RAs rather than GAs.
It was a very enjoyable session - I do love these debates and at the same time laughing at myself whilst at it. Kudos to the organizers all of course to my sparing partner of the day.

2-3 cats running together,
Thank you again MR CHairperson sir.. :) 
                                                All smiles at the end of the session!


No comments: