Saturday, May 30, 2020

A modest Aidilfitri 1441/ 2020


Salam Aidilfitri from the MDQS:)

It was a moderate Aidlifitri. We are in the midst of CMCO. The earlier ruling allowed husbands to go back to their families but the recent rush of balik kampung by families who were trying their luck made the MKN to void the earlier announcement. That made me a bit worried if i was to denied my travelling back to KL. I book my flight on the even of Syawal!! However, knowing how Malaysians can be I had my permit done earlier on the last week of Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah, I was let through with the police permit but not without tight and strict filtering. Redha je if they did not allow me to go back because they are just doing their job. I had my papers done so officially I've done my part too. 

On the eve of Syawal we continued the traditional routine of family takbir in Taman Tun. This was very significant this year as there were no mosque activities since March and the whole of Ramadhan. A very weird Ramadhan for me to experience in my lifetime. Perhaps, for any muslims in the last few centuries!
Alhamdulillah, it was enlightening to see my son leading the takbir and prayers. I have always
 encouraged him to do so since his younger age and of course my 9 year old boy! Haha Mizan has always been disinterested but i reckon he realized how in this family, as a male he will always be obliged to be the leader. And alhamdulillah, he recited it well (as he had practiced vigilantly under Qayyum in the last week of Ramadhan) 

Again, Aidilfitri prayers was a first for all Malaysians to be performed at DJ home. Either the HEad of the house or the most learned male to lead it. I had Qayyum to do it and it was very encouraging to see him fairly comfortable in this role especially the sermon post prayers. He is ready to go out there! 



A simple Raya: just close family gatherings and no ziarah. Alhamdulillah, eventhough it was modest but it was a very meaningful CovEid 2020 :)

1 comment:

اجياال كلين said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.