Friday, February 11, 2005

Circumcision day ..



Today was a special day for a cousin of mine. Well , he is just 4 years old ( son of Pak Pit - my mother's youngest brother ) and apparently Pak Pit asked me last weekend is it possible to get iqbal circumcised this week. Of course it is possible!!! enquired Dr Omar - my boss in Clinic Ikhwan and he said no problem !!
hence Pakpit came to TTDI with my grandma yesterday.

The only problem was Iqbal is a four year old child. How do you coax a 4 year old to consent for circumcision ? Obviously lie to him !! haks.. kesian.I felt guilty in informing him that the procedure was painless. That is absolute bullshit !!!! Lying to a 4 year old will have its consequences in the future. He must have had a shock of a lifetime ; while getting the local anaesthetic jabs earlier in the process.

Alhamdulillah , it went well.Eventhough initially he was struggling about (eventhough almost 4 people was restraining him !!! ) after the jab - he was fairly coopearative during the procedure. But post - op ; he refuses to wear the sarong and wanted to wear his trousers !! |It was a bit of a nuisance listening to him crying due to pain.. but obviously , any irritation to the penis will trigger him to feel it as pain !!

I remembered when i had my circumcision back in the late 80's . I can still remember the pain that was inflicted .. the jab was a real killer. I shouted and screamed all my might hehehehhehehe it was done in GH and it was a last minute job. Apparently my parents did not confirm with the clinic doctor , therefore my name was not on the list. My dad wanted it to be done fast so i was brought to HKL. hehehehe it was really bad !! the pain was unbearable but i recovered. but the NYILU feeling did stayed on for wuite some time. I remembered having difficulty wearing my underwear after the procedure.. hehehehehe lawak la pulak...

I guess at that age , getting circumcised was the main worry.THe topic discussed among peers was about fear and the experience pre - intra - and post procedure. The worry that the penis can be chopped off kept creeping into mind ! i had mine quite late ; 2 weeks before i entered form 1 !!! haks.. buat malu jer cerita dalam blog !!

No comments: