Sunday, September 04, 2005

ANGKASAWAN reject


souvenir..  Posted by Picasa

198 made it... but i did not !!!

haks.. well , that was the end of my angkasawan dream ; dashed when the air pistol fired twice. 119 made it from the 389 hopefuls who came to TUDM Subang yesterday morning. I was number 125 !! So close huh... so near yet so far..

The day started early when we assembled as early as 5.30am. We registered and picked up our t-shirt and number. After Subuh prayers we were to go to the TUDM's mini stadium. I had to leave my camera behind as i had nobody to hold it for me.. hance NO FIRST HAND PICTURES of what happened yesterday.

Gary from Traxx FM was the emcee and he really liven up the spirit and atmosphere. It was kewl to meet up with other Malaysians.. quite impressed with them. Most of their physiques are definitely better than mine !!


reject..  Posted by Picasa

During my training sessions , my 3.5 km run took me about 18 - 19 minutes tops.. so borderline lar.. If i ran alone , i reckon i would have passed the qualifying mark. Yesterday , the 300 ++ of us started together.. all the women and above 40 on the frontline with us the rest left behind. Therefore , i lost quite a bit of time 2-3 minutes , the first 300 - 500 m as we had to go through the big crowd !!

I managed to run non stop ; but it was not of great speed. My normal constant pace.. tapi tu laa.. towards the end , i had like maybe another 500 m to go , they were doing the countdown !! I just don t have the extra energy to sprint..( macam pakai nitrous Too fast Too Furious ) Cannot go... and so.. the pistol was shot twice to end my dream !! haaakss..

Me devastated ? Not really.. but it was good to take part and try your luck. WHo knows right , just that bit more.. haks.. macam terkilan la pulak. But later on , i found out that the passing mark for eyesight was 6/9 without aid.. heks.. mana bule qualify bang !! mine is waaaaaayyy off that mark...

Anyway , Good luck to the 198. May the best Malaysian be up there and make us proud..