Friday, September 02, 2005

New experience


MPO Posted by Picasa

I suppose my decision to be in the maternity rotation this month was spot on ! Its only Day 2 and so far i'm enjoying it ! Well , i've always enjoyed Obstetrics and Gynaecology .. the only reason why i decided not to pursue this particular discipline is because of my principle : WOMAN for WOMAN !! haks.. Its good preparation for me in expecting a baby soon.

Obstetrics Anaesthesia can be a bit tricky .Ive been doing elective caesarean sections for the past 2 days. Its all about regionals.. interestingly using intrathecal and epidural morphine is something new to me !! And the amount used are smaller compared to the general OT doses. But i sort of mucked up one of my patients yesterday when i gave a little bit too little. hehehe.. She was in pain when the surgeons were suturing the skin. But it was not entirely my fault !! I did not assess the particular surgeon .. as procedures like this are operator dependent !! LAMA SANGAT AHH... She did the section one and a half hours.. orang buat within half an hour jer...

I'll start my call on Tuesday. hmmm.. i dunno why Kak Zainah likes to put me on tuedays when i actually requested NOT BE PUT ON CALL on tuesdays !! I've been missing my badminton sessions week in week out. hmmm..

Well , wish me luck for tomorrow morning's run !! haks.. Will write about it when i'm done with it cm !!


ehehehehe , the shark from Sentosa Waterworld Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »