Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Anatomy class

I've done nothing much since joining UiTM for the past 1 week. I've attended several meetings which somehow because i'm the new person there ; so i have to sort out things unsettled. Haks.. Apa ler.. i can't imagine handling 2 jobs at once ; ie being a clinician and academician at the same time. I figured that because the faculty is still in its cradle years ; we're now busy remodelling and refining the syllabus.

Anyway , next week will be a marathon of courses for me. The first being a 3 days PBL ( Problem based learning ) course organized by Melbourne Univ. I was from a PBL based univ therefore i have some idea of how PBL is done. Having this certificate will certainly make me "qualified" to talk about PBL in the future. heks.. Apparently , UiTM bought few PBL packages from Melbourne U costing a fortune. hmmm.. never thought that they can make money out of this system.

Then over the weekend , i will have to go to Rompin in some remote resort there. Dato' JJ is coming as well ; i suppose no wonder it is held in Rompin !! and because i am a trainee ; i've been roped into the organizing committee ; which can be fun or otherwise.

I suppose the highlight of it all will be the "makan". heks.. The dinners they are planning to organize looks yummy in exotic places. Bagus gile budget kerajaan !!

********************************

Tomorrow will be interesting because i will be one of the on site tutor for practical anatomy tomorrow. Therefore , i have to do my reading tonight on the anatomy of upper gastrointestinal tract.

I am impressed with their anatomy lab . Currently there are 11 cadavers available and they are still fresh !! Its difficult to get these cadavers but UiTM managed to secure them !! I cannot tell you how they do it as it may cause some controversy !! Its good for the students ; to experience "real" anatomy. I gather it is the most exciting thing for a fresh medical graduate. Otherwise , it'll be so boring having to dwell into the thick books of basic knowledge. It'll be fun to go back home and tell stories about dissection to your keen family members !!

I certainly remembered my first dissection session in Manchester ; I puked really bad whilst having lunch after the session !! It was certainly the smell of my burger ( in Manchester- we have halal shops eiih..) which reminded me the stinky anatomy lab smell. And the stench of the body with formalin stimulated my olfactory merves for that whole week ; good for losing pounds !!

No comments: