Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A tribute to my sifu

It was teacher's day yesterday ; I was on my way back home from a luncheon with Dil when i suddenly decide to go back to my old school. I had about 2 hours before i can pick Dzaeffran up so why not spend some time with an "old" friend !!

Haks.. Met up with Ustaz Ahmad yesterday . The last time i met him was during the annual Qurban early this year but it had been quite some time since we sat and talk.
He was still his old self ,only that i reckon he has toned down a lot having teaching in the school for more than 16 years.

I have this special relationship with him since he first came to SMTTDI in 1990.He was a young 21 year old then ; rebellious and raw. I never saw him as a "master-force" , but we were more of a mentor-mentee thingy rather than the typical Ustaz teaching us religious studies.He was close to me that everybody in school know how we walk in each other's shadow. He was a big influence to me during my school days ; and i am glad that he did that . I reckon a lot of my colleagues would agree that he exerted certain influence and idealism to our school . I am certain that we all will remember his "ways" of things .. Ask Zain of Ruffedge or Shah ,Lah and Zaf of VE.. Ustaz Ahmad's name mention still make their spine to shiver !!!

I may not be a pious scholar but there are certain values he taught me that i hold on to till now. He was a very enthusiastic teacher ; not just teaching Islam but about life as well.HIs encouragement certainly motivated me to strive and BE the best. His experience sharing was certainly helpful and had shaped my way of thinking .

And today , he is still as active as he was in the yesteryears. He is currently planning for his 7th trip to Gunung Tahan next month ! We laughed yesterday remembering the first ever trip to Gunung Tahan in 1992 ! It was a very memorable one and he still remembered our group. Not just because we were his first mountain climbing group , but of the famous "nasi kepal " incident which taught us all a good lesson !!

Selamat Hari Guru buat semua guru-guru yang ikhlas mendidik anak bangsa...


Tahan conquerers Posted by Picasa


magazine article Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mafiz said...

Hahahah...u simpan this magazine still??? Nostalgic gileee..

Well, I'm hoping to join Ustaz on his 7th expedition to Gunung Tahan next month..and this will definitely bring back lots of memories!

Azad said...

Huaahahaha! Ada lagi magazine tu? Best gilos dapat join ustaz gi Gunung Tahan, Mafiz.

Yeah, I agree with you Telal on Ustaz Farazila's influence. I think if ustaz Ghani was still teaching us, I would have been the something else.

LeenaSan said...

School was one of the best times in my life. It has created friendship that has lasted until today and for some hopefully the friendship will continue on to the next generation. I think that's just beautiful. Alhamdulillah.