Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Kili adventure countdown

Its coming. My biggie for this year. In 3 days time I'll be flying off to another of my gila trips.
Mount Kilimanjaro. It is the highest mountain in Africa and the highest free-standing mountain in the world at 5,895 metres or 19,341 feet above sea level (the Uhuru Peak/Kibo Peak).

"Kilimanjaro one of the world’s greatest natural wonders: a snow covered mountain on the equator, an ocean of green forest surrounded by dry savannah. Climbing Kilimanjaro is like walking from the equator to the North Pole in a week, providing dramatic changes in vegetation and animal life day by day. Kilimanjaro is also a sky island. Its high altitudes have created habitat for strange and unique life forms found only on a few other peaks on the planet, such as the delicate elephant flower and the bizarre Kilimanjaro tree"
We have planned this trip for a year and insha allah i will fulfill my responsibility again to take care of my team members. Deeno will be our guide and I am sure he has planned something really exciting for us.
My only worry is the risk of AMS. I have felt it before and it is definitely not something you want to experience. 
As they say in Swahili.. "Pole..Pole.." which means.. 'Slow..slow.."

No comments: