Monday, October 26, 2015

And I am 39

A belated birthday post for me! Alhamdulillah, I turned 39 last Saturday. The 24th of October. There was not so much of celebration this year, i guess because I was oncall. It was a nice feeling to have friends from all over wishing you from all social media platforms. Nowadays you don't really receive the old school birthday cards anymore, even from your closest family members! 
It was a cool Saturday. I spent my time mostly at home. Tutoring (more of drilling!) haha my elder 2 kids on their coming exam this week. The hospital  did not have any case though and all day i was reflecting on my life so far, of what has happened, what I am now and what my future will be...
Significantly, I am one year short before turning 40. Life begins at 40 they say. I read in an unnamed whatsapp message about the significance of the age 40 for man. And i was astonished with the fact of a verse in the Quran, Al Ahqaaf 15.. 

"We enjoined the human being to honor his parents. His mother bore him arduously, gave birth to him arduously, and took intimate care of him for thirty months. When he reaches maturity, and reaches the age of forty, he should say, "My Lord, direct me to appreciate the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Let my children be righteous as well. I have repented to You; I am a submitter." 46:15

Subhanallah. It is being mentioned about the Quran how significant age 40 is. AN age of maturity: the prime of life. The best of times for Allah's creation. 
And it was this fact that became the theme during my recent hajj. Of how, a reflection of what i have achieved so far and an evaluation of whether my so called achievements are tallied to the ultimate aim as the servant of Allah. 
I have never been a perfect servant. Perhaps maybe committing sins more than the supposed deeds. Masha Allah. 
I pray to Allah that he will keep me in the right path, the path of the righteous. And I pray really hard , that this realization i have before turning 40 would be constant and perhaps towards the penultimate goalof any muslim. Insha Allah. 

2 comments:

PeRdU cINta said...

Happy belated bornday Dr..moga Allah permudahkan setiap urusan Dr..sejahtera dunia..berhagia di akhirat..amin..

mafeitz said...

TQ insha Allah