Sunday, December 11, 2016

Fist of fury

It was a mixed emotions November contributing a my busy and mobile December. Remember what i blogged about late October? Yup, me making the decision to move from where I am quite comfortable in. I proceeded with the process and yes, i have decided to make the move to the south. It was not easy considering that I am very settled with my job and home. Bukit Jelutong is definitely home as we've been there since 2008. I have tendered my resignation in October and was looking at serving my notice till end of December.

Then an unexpected turn of event happened. Unfortunately, my future partner Dr Imran aka Vijay passed away! It was so sudden! It was shocking to the whole of anaesthetic fraternity! I was supposed to join him as the second anaesthetist in the centre and now he was gone! 

It was crazy in dealing with the uncertainty. Imagine having a big number of cases and the only anaesthetist you had collapsed and they were without anyone! I was divided between leaving Rawang in that lurch and help in where I will be in. It was not easy as i guess you can never know the future. Burning the bridge now means point of no return. I had to make the decision to keep with my earlier pledge. However, i needed to negotiate with my current CEO to see how they can assist me. 

Alhamdulillah, we managed to reach an understanding. My replacement was ready to take over my place but he could not be in Rawang all the time in December. That was good enough for me. And so goes the hectic arrangement and agreements between many parties in the month of November. Obviously, I could not blog anything out as it was not my priority. Imagine juggling that and planning for the coming ASC in JB come April! Gila! Yes, I am the Scientific Chair and so far it has been an assortment of thoughts! 

God is great. So far i managed. And now to the second week of December, when everybody is having their holidays I am constantly oncall wherever I am. But I thank Allah for making things easy for me so far, Insha Allah..
                                                                     P&C

No comments: