Friday, December 17, 2004

Back to life.. back to reality..




Waaahh .. time flies very fast. Today was my first day back at work after four days resting . Wished that i can prolong my holidays. Didn't feel like going to work this morning.

I am currently posted in CCU. ( Cardiac/coronary care unit ) which is the ICU for patients having heart attack . Not that many patients - maximum 10 as they are the ones that needs to be monitored closely. remember Tun Zahir ? he passed away here recently. Anyway , i learnt a lot today even though it was my first day here. Work is less hectic but the amount of knowledge and experience that one needs is vast before one wants to manage the CCU.

Good 1st day even though it was a bit jonah having all beds occupied. Nobody died on me today so that's a good sign. There were few potentials but will have to see tomorrow morning whether my predictions were true.

I believe , being here in CCU is a stepping stone towards Anaesthesia. Managing CCU is very similar to managing ICU. I managed to put in an arterial line today which was a first for me. Quite proud of that actually. hehehehehe.. The nurses here are very experienced and i believe i will learn a lot from them during my short stint here.

No comments: