Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas memories..




Read something on the net / paper regarding how the ENGLISH considering christmas as just another holiday instead of a religious obligation. Guess what, it reminded me of my time there about 10 years back. wow.. that long huh.. :)

Come christmas, it will always be remembered as special times.Everybody's aura will be cheerful despite the awful weather. TV programmes were excellent. The TV guide became the "bible" from the 24th till New Year. Central town will be at a standstill. We will wait for the stores to open up post Boxing day - Christmas sale !! and i will be going aorund town looking for the best bargain for footie jerseys..

Honestly , tiba-tiba cam rindu lak. Just bought the "non" original version of Robbie Williams greatest hits for rm7 in UPTOWN.. and the songs played reminded me of my time there. Shrewsbury.. Leicester.. Manchester.. London... Wow.. the memories suddenly flashed in front of my eyes.




Indeed my 4 years overseas was sweet. Somehow i nearly almost forgot how the things that i had to go through when i was there made me wiser , composed and fatter !!!! hahahahaha . It was about starting life , living up to expectations and accepting fate. I've never regretted anything from my life there.Everything was wonderful and pleasant !!!

Well , hopefully one day i will get my chance again to stand along the corridor of my boarding house - Ingram's Hall in Shrewsbury. passing through the cricket / rugby / footie pitch to the school building and serenading by River Severn watching the boat race in summer. As well as to arrive in Picaddilly station manchester - and rush downtown to Arndale centre ; taking a bite of the famous corn ; tuna and mayonaise.. and then take the bus along university road to Rusholme , eating out my favourite Kebab with mango chadni *smile*

Wow.. such beautiful memories.. remains eternal...


1 comment:

Idlan said...

Yeah, that looks very much like the view from Platform 14; where we usually take the train back to Lancaster from :)