Sunday, January 23, 2005

Qurban experience..




Well , the morning went melancholic when we visited Myfzal's tomb in Damansara. After reciting yassin for arwah dad in law - we went to Myfzal's resting place.It was a bit emotional for me.. don't know why tears decided to show itself this morning... I was touched when i saw the plants which was planted on the day of Myfzal's burial 20.04.2004. It was alive !!! thought that the plants would have died long time ago coz it was put on ad hoc basis ; papa just picked out the plant from anearby tomb ?? haks.. Anyway - the vision of Ady's son ; Amar Kareem came through my mind ( saw him yesterday at Nurrun's place.. cute boy !!!) ; maybe because he was born on the day Myfzal was expected to be delivered... 31st July 2004... Sometimes we tend to wish things could have happened differently , but everything is Allah's will and we should be contented and redha.....

Enough of the sad drama ..hehehe both me n wifey went to SMTTDI for our Qurban !! haks.. it was a new experience for Haniza as she can hardly remember the last time she went for one. Our cow was COw number 8.. medium size benign looking cow.. hehehe.. And when the moment arrive , guess who decided to do the sembelih ? yup.. me lah !! haks .. my first time doing the slaughter. A bit gory with blood splashing here and there but then hey.. i;ve been through worse in the Operating theatre !! haks.. Sort of impressed my wife with my courage muahahahas.. *smile* The fact was I was the only "tuan punya" who dared enuff to do the slaughtering. senang jer..

ANyway , we got our share with one ekor. Decided to leave it in TTDI for bibik to clean it and perhaps a bowl of sup ekor tomorrow !!! Haniza's mum cooked beriyani for lunch and it was really nice.. with the sulky juicy meat made into kurma and rendang.. fresh after qurban !!!

Liverpool lost again tonight.. Basketful of rice.. why i may ask.. why ????

At the end of everything ; tt was a kewl day.and glad that i went to visit "ahlil-firdaus" this morning. I know that you're looking down on me from heaven...aammiinn..

2 comments:

Hunny said...

I think that not many can imagine the sadness of losing a child even one that has yet to be born. However, you are also to be envied for having a son who's already in heaven ;) Be strong and be thankful for this life is only temporary.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »