Sunday, September 10, 2006

Battered spouse syndrome

You've heard about this syndrome ? somehow , it is a part of our habit in things that we do everyday. Sure , we tend to loath wives who kept going back to their husbands despite the physical and verbal abuse they get .They will somehow still cling on to them.It is difficult to understand why if it is quoted in that context. However , let me give you an example how I have this syndrome in my life..

Exhibit 1 : Liverpool FC

Damn.. Liverpool was battered yesterday by everton and somehow I could sense that here we go again ! Year after year , Liverpool kept having bad starts in the league eventhough the aim is to capture the Premiere League title. Every year without fail Liverpool will make me swear on tv seeing their game play and humiliating loss !! YOu feel so frustrated and you feel like just not watching their games anymore .Unfortunately , come next weekend , it'll be the liverpool game that I'll be looking for.Hoping that things will change. Liverpool is still the team for me.. forever..

Exhibit 2 : Kenny Rogers roasters

This is one restaurant that will frustrate me and wifey everytime we go there. No matter which branch , The Mall - The Curve - One Utama ; I'll end up complaining of their pathetic service. Everytime , there will be something.. either their tardiness , rapport , food quality ,mesti ada la punya. And everytime , I'll reassure wifey that it'll the last time we'll eat in this chain of restaurant. But then.. hahaha.. we kept coming back !! Well, primarily because its the only place where wifey's favourite dish ; Hot baked jacket potato is served. I suppose , until we have another jacket potato serving restaurant , we will continue to dine in Kenny Rogers despite the crap and pathetic service.

As you can see , we have this trait in us. Just ponder your thoughts and I can assure you that aaahh.. tak sangka...

No comments: