Sunday, September 17, 2006

Passion for adventure

I was suppose to go for a weekend trip to Genting Highlands with Mama and Papa yesterday. Unfortunately , that had to cancelled last minute because of a stupid fuss. I really wanted to go because it'll be Ramadhan next weekend and it had been quite sometime since I last enjoyed myself at the theme park. Really need the adrenaline ..

Because of the original plan , I did not register myself to join the ICU conference which is held in Sunway Pyramid this weekend. Really spoilt my weekend with the unscheduled cancellation. Otherwise , it would have been fun to join and see my anaesthetists from all around Malaysia in Sunway. Anyway , Shakti called me up before lunch and pushed me to come and join their afternoon session. Initially i was reluctant because I cannot just crash in without paying right ?? But .. as i did not have anything much to do I went to the Sunway COnvention Centre.

It was nice to meet your fellow colleagues , mentors and bosses from your old place. I met few of my classmates who are doing anaesthesia now !! haks.. never thought that IMU would produce many anaesthetists when we did not even have a permanent lecturer of anaesthesia then !!

**************************************

Dunno why really ; it suddenly hit me. I suppose after watching a programme on TV late last night regarding adventure race done in Langkawi ( Langkawi Wilderness Challenge) this year. Not explorace lar.. but something similar to that.I've always been interested in this field but somehow after I got married ; it just faded away. With my current physical condition ( my weight and my fitness) it seems a bit off to just start offand GO for this passion.I'll be closely watching a fellow blogger Ee Van ; more famous as the Explorace 3 participant than as an old friend of mine. He's an inspiration !!

Well , I'm going to pursue this interest after raya. Hopefully ramadhan will help with my weight and I need to start on my fitness regime. ( tinggi cita-cita tu !! ) It'll be a bit tight with my Master programme but i reckon i can fit in few weekends along the way for this. hahahaha.. My kamcheng fellows , wanna join ? It'll be gruelsome , tiring but i gurantee you the adrenaline it gives after the project !!

4 comments:

TriStupe said...

alamak...thanks for dropping by dude at my blog. didn't know you linked me up here.
:)

adventure race is addictive, don't worry too much about weight or fitness, it's all in the mind!

mafeitz said...

ahaks.. thanx for dropping by my blog.Hope you don't mind the link. I did try for explorace 1 but got the cut after the 2nd trials !!

I like your adventure blog.. hope to meet you in one of the races soon..

TriStupe said...

Dr.M...

no prob...i'm no super athelte anyway...bak kata kawan...JANJI HABIS!

mafeitz said...

not a super athlete ?? boss.. u finished a marathon before and that is a real achievement !! I hope to achieve that too in my lifetime.

A toast to self torturing and masochism !! hahahaha