Saturday, March 10, 2007

Back to work



Its back to OT after a week's break and boy.. what a time to be back. I've been handling OTs on my own for the past 3 days - Most of my colleagues were either on study leave or in Genting for our Annual Anaesthesia conference. I wanted to go but I have to consider my presence here which is important to wifey; hence my delay in blogging ..

It was permanent fixture in OT13 fir three days doing ENT , Plastic and Maxillofacial . I reckon doing the 10hours breast reconstruction on Thursday was very interesting ; not of Nip and Tuck drama but of the anaesthesia technique showed to me. It was a relief to wake up and extubate the patient when the operation finishes which is very rare when one does a marathon.Keeping the MAC low with minimal muscle relaxation infusion ; at the same time on close monitoring of her awareness using "BIS"- a technique which helps to save ICU or PASCA bed for the really needful. I was amazed as well by the result of the op - the breast which was reconstructed looked "normal" and nice. I suppose doing one for a heart broken 29 year old lady with a bad breast cancer would really help to lift up her szest for life.

Doing the dental case alone yesterday was kewl as well. I was the only male in that theatre so I 'm not sure if that was a factor as well !! Surrounded by attractive doctors and nurses hhmm... macam best je tak ? hahahahahaha...

" Oh.. my favourite anaesthetist is back.. "

No comments: