Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bundle of Joy


Alhamdulillah... All praises for Allah..

My baby girl came into this world on the 27 February 2007 at 7.52pm. ( not 7.48 as I've sms'ed earlier ). The delivery was smooth and baby's Apgar score was full at birth.

Alhamdulillah...

************************************************
( RETROSPECTIVE ENTRY ) 27/2/07

Wifey informed me before we went of to work that she had a bit of "show" ( the blood stained mucous to signal labour ) in the morning. Of course , she refused me doing VE ( vaginal examination ) because her contractions were still weak and irregular then. I did ask her whether she would like to stay at home ; but being her , she wanted to continue work to settle all her unfinished business. Imagine - she actually went to the Bank and Bukit Jelutong that afternoon to do some chores regarding our future home !!

We came back home from the work at 5 pm - then she was already having regular contractions. She was in pain but it was still tolerable. We picked up Dzaeffran from the nursery and quickly packed our stuff for the hospital. Suddenly she told me she can't move as it exagerrates her pain. During this time she still refused VE as she was sure that she needs to go to the hospital soon. I did it anyway because I needed to estimate which stage of labour was she..

Os : 5 cm. very thin. Membrane buldging. station : + 1 !!!!

Daammnnn !! Only now.. I started to panic !!


the distressed mother.. ( just had to post this pic !! She was not amused by my antiques then.. )

We rushed to the hospital and called Patrick ( her Obstetrician ) on the way. Obviously the traffic was bad as it was about 6++ pm. Wifey was by then so much in pain that she was hyperventilating.. puffing away. No communication was established but suddenyl she grabbed my arm.

" Abang... SROM... " *Spontaneous rupture of membrane

I was.. alamak... habis keretaku !! Hahahahaha... ( As Mafiz said.. luckily leather seat eih ?? )
We arrived at the doorstep and the staff there was very helpful. Wifwey was so weak at this time that I had to carry her out of the car to the wheelchair . ( The last time I carried her like that was during our wedding day - walking down the stairs !!! ) It was so efficient that when Iclosed my car boot she was nowhere to be seen. The staff had carted her to the SECOND floor within seconds !!



She was ushered to the labour room and the staff nurses there prepared her very well. Dr PAtrick was not around yet but Wifey was pushing hard. Of course , no epidural was necessary at this time and she was puffing away on the Nitric Oxide. The nurses told me her OS was 8 cm but I don't think so as they needed to wait for Patrick to come.

When PAtrick arrived and was she was being positioned lithotomically ; with just one push we could already see the baby's head. Haks.. And with another gentle push.. my little baby girl was delivered smoothly with a loud cry ..

Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar. Lailahaillallah...


first look on umi's tummy

We were discharged home within 24 hours of birth. The process was so fast and I could not believe that I now have another baby at home. Alhamdulillah...

4 comments:

Azman said...

" Abang... SROM... "

Bukan semua orang boleh cakap macam ni. Hehe. Can't help but to chuckle a bit. :)

Tahniah Mafeitz!!

Captain Kangaroo said...

Congrats bro!

Heheh "..SROM".
I loike that :)

BTW dat wasn't Prof.Patrick of UMMC eh?

mafeitz said...

Thanx !! Patrick was with UM previously. Then he went to IMU and currently running his own practice FMGC in Taman Tun..

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

congratulations!! the Mommy is also a superwoman lah...