Tuesday, December 08, 2015

#DIAgnosis2 in CUCMS - The Giving Hands

Talk to the hand.. tengok poster rasa macam tu.. haha
Alhamdulillah, the 3 of us were invited to be panelists to this session last night. We were invited by the student body who were raising funds for their humanitarian trip to Laos next year. I have always enjoyed such forums and talks especially towards the future healthcarers of Malaysia.
It was my first time in CUCMS premises and I was very impressed with the set up. I have been following the university's progress through the years because of Prof Latif. A very inspiring person I had met when I was 18 years old. He changed my perception on the true meaning of a complete and holistic doctor. We were young, far away in a foreign land and it was him who impressed me the most. High academic achiever and at the same time inspiring us the Islamic way. This was back in 1994-1996! He did then mention of his vision of having his own medical school with its own unique teaching philosophy. Alhamdulillah, I was at his premises yesterday witnessing his vision. Insha Allah, maybe with DIAgnosis, we can create something similar.  
The format was simple, and we only had two real questions to talk about. And 10 minutes for each of us flew just like that. I nearly forgot how i would always enjoy myself on the stage talking.. talking.. haha What i reckon have changed in my way of presentation would be how relax i can be on the stage, thus cracking jokes here and there as how I would do during my teaching days in UiTM. 
Azah was as inspiring as ever, cool and calm and the idol. Dato Rahim mentioned that she was like Prof Muhaya! hehe Indeed she was, talking in the mannerism of an elder sister inspiring her siblings. Ben was as usual the charming guy.. the darlig of the crowd! Haha Well, nak buat macamana as he is indeed very famous on twitterland with 40k followers ! mak aii.. and nampak sangat la when 1 girl actually stood up during Q&A,,, " Im here because of Dr Beni..." and i could swear seeing in her eyes: waiting to say I love you Dr Beni! hahaha but this is Malaysia kan.. so malu sikit aa.. 
 We had the special appearance of Muadz, a contemporary nasyid singer who sang for us really well! I am impressed with him and who knows in the future we might collaborate? :)
Alhamdulillah, I was glad to be involved in the programme. Thank you to the organizer and thank you to teamdiagnosis for making it happen :) 

No comments: