Monday, September 26, 2016

Supersharks Swimming Carnival 2016

My kids are all aquaphilic. They love water. If we were to go for a holiday break, it would be to a waterpark. Thats how much they love to play in the water.
Once a year, their swimming class organization wil hold a local meet for their students. This will be their second year in supersharks. Qayyum is already completed all the levels and currently in their swimming competitive team. The others are still in the various levels to master the technique and being safe in the water.
Only Laikha was not competing

 It was a proud moment for me as Qayyum won 1 event in his category. The breast stroke! I was there to witness it and he was certainly fast and the clear cut winner! I'm sure wifey is very proud as well as he has been swimming since the age of 3! Alhamdulillah, it was fun to see them enjoying the competition. Qayyum won 1 gold and 1 bronze. Not bad eih!
                                                            25m Advanced Breast stroke
To me, its not about winning it. I encourage my children to join in so that they know what cempetition is all about. It can be highly stressful but at the same time discipline and motivation. The perseverance is important. Wifey was worried if Mizan would stop half way but from what was evidenced yesterday, he tried his best and completed the race. That is what is more important! Sportsmanship and the will to compete! 
I was glad that despite being oncall, i could still be present to support them. Im sure they would appreciate it later in their lives. 

No comments: