Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pain week


see the broken pager.. it is still functional !!  Posted by Picasa

i am posted for 1 week as the "PAIN" anaesthetist ; my job is to manage an control post operative pain and chronic pain patients. No OT job for this whole week which has its advantages. However , it can be a bit boring and dull but everybody has to do it !!

I am equipped with a broken pager which receives paiges but unfortunately i cannot read it ! They'll call my handphone instead. hahaha.. see how UMMC's technology is !! Every morning I will have to do my rounds in the wards to check upon patients with epidurals , morphine PCA ( patient controlled analgesia ) or any other form of pain management given on previous days.I don't really know much but I am learning to master one of the important discipline in Anaesthesia.

Then I will sit in the recovery area managing patient's pain immediately after surgery on GA or any other form of anaesthesia. I do feel at times like a PUSHER offering and giving people Morphine to settle their pain an suffering!! hahahaha..

Notorious d.R.m.

2 comments:

syachou said...

Lal, I just met akak sorang ni from JB buat pain management course kat copenhagen... tak mau dtg sini ka?

Anonymous said...

Dude...

drug pusher eh? well, at least a legal one! :)

speaking of epi, wifey would most prob take it for her labour, any side effects?