Saturday, October 28, 2006

Remembering your loved ones..

Before marrying wifey , I've never experienced visiting the cemetery on Raya day. Well, at that time , most of my elders were still alive. Wifey and family would go and visit my father in law's tomb after the prayers. I 've never met my father in law as he passed away in 1992 of MI. ( myocardial infarction ).Few would argue I;m lucky especially during my courtship but sometimes I do wish that i have one to interact with. It's just not written in my destiny.


with his arwah Atuk.. Posted by Picasa

The passing of my unborn child at 7 months in 2004 made my visit that year during Aidilfitri more meaningful.I could understand better and appreciate the graveyard visits. It was my saddest moment in life and the tomb was the only thing left for remembrance. I can still remember clearly seeing him delivered with no crying in sight or expected , watching him bathed and covered with the white cloth "kapan" ; praying and bringing him to the cemetery from KLH mortuary on a hot afternoon ; 20 04 2004. Slowly burying the pint sized lifeless baby whose destiny was not to live our lives but Insya-Allah as a martyr with a guranteed place in heaven...

dzaef's elder brother's tomb Posted by Picasa

Meng ( my younger brother )and I managed to visit Tuk Abah's grave in Muar on the morning of 2nd Syawal. Mind you the signboards were bad that i had doubts of my direction while driving there . Jalan Bakri was SO LONG and Batu 6 was not obvious until we actually arrive there !! I woke Meng up quite early after Subuh prayers ; he did not realize the unappropriateness of his t-shirt in the cemetery. It is a bit ironic isn;t it having " I SEE DEAD PEOPLE" on your chest while reciting Yaasin !!


t-shirt " I SEE DEAD PEOPLE" Posted by Picasa

Life is not ours to keep nor waste. One should cherish every moment while living it.It is meaningful as well to reflect and cherish the loved ones who are not with us anymore.It is not about visiting them at any frequency within the year ; but through our du'a ( prayers ) everytime we pray to god.

Alfatihah....

atuk abah's tomb Posted by Picasa

No comments: