Thursday, December 14, 2006

Posh wedding


nikah Posted by Picasa

It was a very hectic weekend ; doing EOD on calls now is certainly taxing me. Going to Singapore was one thing , attending a cousin's wedding was another. On Saturday - we attended my cousin's wedding in Section 14 PJ.She's currently working and London and i guess will be going back there as well soon.The family gathering went late into the night ; imagine going back home past midnight and the next day having to wake up "early for our Singapore trip.


tryin.. Posted by Picasa

The reception on Tuesday night was certainly an event to remember. Attending a wedding in Carcosa Seri Negara was certainly a first for me. I was helping out the Lokmans as usherers which i reckon transformed into "shaking hands - greeting" role !!

The remains of British rule was very evident there. The posh setting and such properness suddenly being exhibited unconsciously. You feel as if you are a Lord yourself there ; being pampered by the "servants' there.

"Drink sir ? ". thank you I said.

and you turn to another side ; another waiter was readily waiting for you ; holding a tray of drinks.. and again...

" Drink sir ? ok...ok....! i get the point .


Carcosa Posted by Picasa

The reception itself was held in the specially made marquee which sits maybe a maximum of 200 guests at one time. Honestly, I never knew the word marquee existed before this ! Luckily wifey prompted me and laughed her heart out on this before we came for the wedding . It helped me a lot when being prompted by others !!!

The setting was marvellous , the reception went on very smooth and congratulations to Uncle Haji and Auntie Non for inviting me to their proudest moment in life...

the marquee Posted by Picasa

No comments: