Sunday, January 28, 2007

The beginning of a long lost interest

I've resolute to make myself fitter this year.When that happens , my weight will automatically be reduced. Its not mid life crisis mind you !! Its about keeping one's health. Hearing your circle of friends diagnosed with chronic diseases shows how age is really catching up. No matter how young you feel , the body physiological responsewith time cannot be denied nor stopped.

Just like the movies ; ESP - a telephatic message to a good friend was somehow conveyed. I was considering an email I received last week regarding an interesting mountain climbing trip next week. I even filled up the form and was really thinking hard. For all you know , Azad emailed me the event ! He was keen to go for it too ! And of course that made my decision to become TIDAK SYAK LAGI..

We'll be climbing the twin hills in Frasers next Saturday. It is organized by the OGKL club ( Orang Gunung KL ) whose members we met last Friday night during their weekly "meeting". Meeting them was a pleasure as they were friendly and I did not feel too alienated. Obviously , I am keeping a low profile for now as I don't really know them yet. I am sure after this trip I will have lots to say and laugh about ! Trips like these brings out either the best or the worst in you. I am excited and can't wait for the weekendI must say their line of activities for the past few years is impressive and commendable. I reckon , this will be my last bash before the arrival of my second child.

I am really on about this trip. It'll be my first climb after Kinabalu in 2005. Wow.. Lets just do it !!

7 comments:

Dad of 4+1 said...

U r absoultely right doc! It's funny how when you decide to hit the gym or star an exercise regime others slot you in the "mid-life crisis" category? Had a health scare 5 years back.....I'm doing it purely for me and my loved ones...

Nice blog you have!

Azad said...

ESP it is.. out of the blue I was 'pulled' to visit your blog and open OGKL website. Then, of course, everything else is history as you wrote it. :)

TriStupe said...

for a moment OGKL sounded like Kelab Peminat Kak OG (Ahmad Daud.)

good luck bro!

mafeitz said...

dad of four : health for all !
Azad : Lets do it this saturday !!
stupe : hopefully I wont be too pancit ! My first roughing out this year.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sbanboy said...

Yo dude !!! You can do it !!!!!!

Las montaƱas said...

fraser's hill got LOTSA leeches! eeks, free blood donation.