Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lady luck

I am not sure how many of you are aware that Malaysia is in the semi finals of the ASEAN football Federation Cup ? Formerly known as Tiger Cup ? I've been following the national team's progress but i realized that I did not blog it as compared to previous years.

In the last edition we were in the semi finals but we lost badly to Indonesia on home ground. 4-1 if i am not mistaken and we only needed a draw with the Indons to qualify for the finals.I was in the stadium and we were all so frustrated. After that , Selangor took Eli Aboy and Bambang into their Premiere League team.

This time around , somehow we had lady luck with us. We didn't do too well against Thailand in the group match and Myanmar just needed a small margin win against the Philippines to knock us out dead. Somehow , The pinoys defended really well and denied Myanmar the semi final spot. I myself did not expect us to qualify after the loss to Thailand. And to everybody's shock - Myanmar drew and we qualified !! Yeh!!! but not so glorious..

We will be up against Singapore - defending champion. It is a tall order but I reckon we can do it. Our side is depleted without our top strikers ; Akmal Rizal , Indra Putra ; long term injury. Our hopes are now with Hairuddin Omar , Nizaruddin Yusof , Hardi Jaafar - who showed strength and determination to win for Malaysia . Unfortunately , the quality is of suspect and I am not quite sure whether determination and spirit can overcome the Singaporeans.

Singapore are with 5 imports - only to make it so unfair. However , I do believe that we can do it.. We can do it !!! I will be at the stadium on Tuesday and cheer myself out for Malaysia's glory !! Hahaha...

No comments: