Sunday, January 28, 2007

Over the weekend





I had a very hectic weekend ! Organizing a dinner is a highly stressed job ! It is not easy to make things run smoothly right from the table arrangement , your committee , the food , the entertainment. I'm glad its all done now ! Thank you very much to my colleagues who had done a very good job to make Anaesthesia Nite a memorable one. My MC did not receive his script until about 6.30pm before the event ! It was supposed to be given to him 2 days back but somehow it did not happen !! However , he was a very talented man and managed to lighten up the event .


I had to go on stage because nobody from the doctor's side is interested in performing , even for the fun of it ! I wished we had more of the creative ones in the department so that I don't have to come up with something which is entertaining ! I managed to coax my 7 professors to be on the stage and be my back up dancers !! hahaha.. it was hillarious ! I enjoyed it myself but I am sure that the profs will ensure that I 'll be at the end of the line...

The food was good. Obviously I did not have the appetite to eat. Sayang .. wished that I could eat more. It was nice of the hotel to provide us with 2 special vouchers ; for our grand prize lucky draw ! I wanted to fix it as we could have won the 2days one night stay in Royale Bintang - but corruption is not my game.I did not win anything , but seeing everybody enjoyed themselves was satisfying.

*********************************

Malaysia lost.. I missed the match but managed to catch the higlights when i returned home. I am proud of the Malaysian team. We fought really hard and gave Singapore quite a scare. Kudos Malaysia for the excellent performance and I hope to be able to attend the 3rd placing match hopefully in KL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Well done to your team for organizing such a wonderful dinner. A request for more photos of the event on your photopage or blog perhaps, please. Thank you :)