Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Delayed..


thank you boss.Posted by Picasa

Managed to sort out the last document for my "pelepasan dengan izin" from KKM. Thank you boss !! Never thought that you'd actually write a letter for me.. usually , the official chop and signature on my application letter was sufficient !!! Now.. the next frontier and challenge. To actually get the pelepasan.. hmmmm.. Wifey had a terrible time last year but she managed to pull through.. So i would just have to go through the vicious pathway..

I was so sleepy this morning after waking up for subuh.We had a very tiring badminton session last night . Wanted to ditch the Tutorial ; but somehow i dragged myself off my bed , into my satria and to our anaes conference room at 7 am this morning !! haks.. i was half dead while listening to Hafiz and Lip YAng. I certainly do appreciate these sessions as i don't think they do it anywhere else !! Bummer.. tomorrow morning is the department's CME which starts at 7 again ! haks.. and i 'm still not asleep yet..

************************************************************************************

Today's plastic list was suppose to end by 3 pm. Somehow , the last case dragged. It was a 28 year old lady with a mass on her left hypochondrial region ; initally diagnose as lipoma in Melaka . However , the mass became bigger and they did a CT , it was a funny mass , unknown origin and looked liked it was sticking to one of her ribs. It was intraperitoneal and everybody thought it was a simple procedure.

" It'll just be one hour " said Mdm Normah.. the plastic consultant.( a fit looking consultant woo.. haks.. ) it turned out to be a stormy 5 hour op.

When the surgeon was making the excision around the mass which somehow became bigger than expected .. the patient just just bled ! giller bleeding ; loosing almost 1 liter as Mdm Normah and her gang negotiated the mass. It was stuck to the omentum and it was bloody. her vitals became haywire ; heart rate up to 150 / min !! BP was shooting up despite Mak ai.. gelabah giller.. She only had i IV access on her left dorsum which was quite crap for resuscitation purposes. I had to insert another access on her other hand which position was awkward for me.Dah la draped kan..

" Pernah tengok Dr. insert branula backhand tak ? " i asked the GA nurse. She looked confused. haks..

I managed to do it anyway ! haks..in the most awkward and freestyle fashion ! haks.. But it was a good line.. Managed to catch up on fluids but she was in a lot of pain ! My morphine was already maximum so pakai wonder drug ahh.. ketarolac !! haks.. and yes.. it worked so well that when she woke up she was pain free !! ( considering the long transverse incision made by the surgeons.. ) They took of the omentum and the abdomen was bare ! The liver was exposed.. damn man ! They managed to close the abdomen with a mesh inserted. But my guess is she'd doomed to get incisional hernia sooner or later...

I'll be doing the neurosurgery list for 2 consecutive days before my FIRST Neuro call on Saturday.Belasah jer la.. A bit scary though .. haks.. but its my next step towards completing my anaes training.

p/s macam Jedi la pulak..