Saturday, April 19, 2008

Nature high


I was itching for an outdoor trip.Missing Gunung Lebah last weekend was the trigger upon seeing their pictures and reading their adventures. Therefore , when ACong ( One of OGKL stalwarts) suggested a day trip to Nuang ; I immediately succumbed to the idea. Azad was also thinking ( great minds think alike !! ) and of course two heads made it a reality ! Shakti then sms'ed me for a Chilling trip ; i immediately suggested him to follow us and he said OK. However I have locum at 5pm , after a lengthy discussion I decided to just go halfway which is up to Lolo camp. I wished I had gone further up and reach the summit but there was no way for me to be back by 5pm. Takpe la.. janji LEPAS GIAN BRO... hahahaha

We met up with ACong and his Maybank team at the Cheras Petrol Station opposite Maktab Latihan Polis. We were fairly early and by 730am we met Muzammil n gang in Batu 18 for an early breakfast. Azad asked Muzammil why that particular stall , he answered ..Ade kaler oren... hahahaha.. ( private joke )

We started our trek at 9am . I must say that the balak trek was punishing but the morning was kind to us. It rained earlier and there was still fog all over. It was cooling and we did not feel the strain so much. Besides that , the training and running I did for the past one month really helped that I was not really taxed walking uphill.

Entrance

Take 5
We arrived at Lolo camp after 2 hours of trekking and we straight away jumped into the river. The water was very cold but it was very refreshing. Putting your neck and shoulder against the small waterfall was a delight and released whatever stress there was prior to the trip. I sat down quitely in the river ; listening to the stream rippling against the rocks and waaahhh... it was nature at its best. The trip was really worth it upon reaching here. I felt so good and relaxed. Its that rush which I guess only outdoor enthusiast can justify. Logically , why should one sacrifice one's Saturday or Sunday tiring out and being in an uncomfortable state ? I dunno but I love it !

Half of the group trekked up towards Nuang and I know they will enjoy their success reaching the beirut. Me , Shakti and Azad headed home after 40 minutes in the river. I wished that I was able to continue to conquer Nuang but i guess today was not the day. Well ,takpelah.. I was happy and delighted with the trip. I enjoyed it very much with the presence of good company ! Thank you brothers for organizing and enjoying the trek with me !!
" I am not gay... " hahahahah

2 comments:

Azman said...

Doc, Dr James Koh from IMU seremban nak trek naik Nuang on 1st May. Dia nak buat day trip. Boleh contact dia kalau interested.

jimbocyberdoc.wordpress.com

I won't be going lah. Just want to relay info mana tau naik gian lagi. hehe.

Azad said...

Hahaha... getting on the gay jokes now, eh? I guess you should minimise male bonding when taking pictures. Hahaha... just kidding.