Wednesday, April 23, 2008

UMMC CME : Certificate of Death

I was jittery all over before this morning. I was on call in ICU and luckily it was an uneventful night. All my patients were fairly stable and there were no immediate outside referral to attain to. I was anxious then thinking about how I was going to present on this morning's CME. I saw the poster and maaann.. its my name there. My slides were ready and i was set to go. The only worry was i dunno whether anybody would come to listen ; hahahaha i rarely go to any of these sessions anyway !

I was early , setting up my slides on the hall's laptop. The new clinical auditorium is cool with its fascilities. Then slowly people came into the hall , my heart was beating fast but hey.. whose wouldn't ? Prof YK's introduction of myself was really bombastic and i must say thank you for her kind words which i thought was really over the top !!! ; at the same time it was pressure on me to deliver !! Hahahahaha She claims that i am the expert now in UMMC about death certification !! Hahahaha.. cuak jgn tak cuak !
I eased myself through the 30 minutes presentation. I love to make my slides watchable and interesting. Cracked a few political jokes.. well , i couldn't help it ! I am glad people managed to follow my trail of thoughts and I will be lying if I say i did not enjoy the session ! Its good to be upfront again in front of a large audience and speaking on a topic which maybe vague to a lot .
Thank you Prof for the opportunity and fuuuuhhh.. lega....

No comments: