Monday, August 29, 2011

Lessons of Ramadhan


Only an hour left before ramadhan is officially over this year. My kids are running around at maks with their cousin, the spirit of hari raya is certainly alive with them. My family by now should have arrived in Muar with Doya who just came back from UK yesterday with the entourage. As how it has always been, I'm at mak to celebrate eid with the family.
Ramadhan this time around is different from my previous ramadhans. Somehow it changed me ( i hope its a good thing..haha) i guess its the barakah of ramadhan. The reflections each day made me closer to god. My tarawikh this time is really different. I guess only now I am really feeling what ramadhan is all about. Previously, maybe the "penghayatan" was not there and the practice was just a routine. It is very difficult for me to explain; maybe it can't be done with words. It was sad that it is over with the last tarawikh performed last night. It was beautiful as it was done with my family as it was also the iftar together with everybody present. Doya came back and the family is complete. Hopefully we'll be able to take a full potrait of everybody this year.
Now the challenge will be to maintain the consistency of ibadah in my life. I must admit that I've neglected the importance of applying ibadah to whatever we do. Giving is certainly more rewarding than receiving and the effect is instateneous. The search for lailatulqadar was interesting and for the first time in my life, i really wanted to look for it. And i pray for its barakah to keep me in sound mind for the coming days.

Therefore my friends, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Maaf Zahir & BAtin.

No comments: