Monday, May 09, 2016

#Throwback Mid Year Philippines Anaesthetist Conference

It was such an honour to be invited to this mid year conference. Even though I was not the first choice and came in as a replacement for my convenor, it was an opportunity not to be missed. Thank you again PSA!
What made me keen was its location ie in Cebu Island. It was my opportunity to be back in Philippines and this time to explore Cebu. The last time I was here it was just as transit before taking the ferry to Leyte during the Haiyan/Yolanda disaster. 
The first day, me and Amjad (the other invited facilitator from India) lead a session in Cebu Vincent Sotto Hospital live demo of simple blocks. It was a bit nerve wrecking for me because the blocks have to work! Haha The whole programme went well. I must say i am impressed of how the AV team handled the programme. Im sure this is not the first time. It is definitely more class than what i have done in Malaysia's workshops before. 
We had 6 blocks to do. Each of us did 3. I did a femoral, Ilioinguinal iliohypogastric and axillary. The ilioinguinal was very challenging as I had an obese patient. It was like being on a boat on a rough sea day! Haha The target was challenging and i believe the audience saw it! Haha All in all, i enjoed the workshop a lot and of course the weight was lifted when everything was done!
                                          excellent PSA team: Good coordination!
The next day was my talk. I was still nervous as I realized I was the only non Filipino to speak in this conference. However, I looked similar so maybe it was not that significant where I came from haha The hall was full and I just had to fight my nervousness! Alhamdulillah, it went well :)
 The dinner was good and ofcourse, the filipinos has always been excellent with the entertainment. I enjoyed the show and the live band. It was really cool to see Filipino Anaesthetists from all their major islands letting their hair down. I must say i enjoyed it very much! Though i had food restrictions especially their specialty Lechon! haha
                                         PSA Past President, Current President and CME Director
Thank you again to PSA and the organizers! I enjoyed my time here and hopefully I will be invited again in coming years! 

No comments: