Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Suatu hari di bulan ramadhan..










I finished my list early today. Did a spine case : posterior instrumentation for a 31 year old indon , who fell off a 3 storey building and had his T12 spine burst . He is now paraplegic and the orthopods gang decided to fuse his T12 and L1 together. The Op went well , it was only 5 hours compared to the "normal" 7-8 hours of op that they usually do. Talk about being slow.. heks.. well , it was uneventful , i managed to finish my premed by 3.30pm and was on my way back.

Tried to ignite my car and ... hmm... nothing seems to start. TOTALLY OUT !! Alamak... i then remembered i switched on the headlights this morning as i was very early..and unfortunately , don't think i switched it off !!! LAAAAhhh.. my battery dah KONG !!! thought of jump starting my car but when i lift up my car bonet , i saw the writing on my battery..

11 / 1 / 04...

Alamak.. dah dua tahun bang !! Quickly checked my wallet.. i say man... only RM30 left..
Solution ? Get a new battery... So i had to walk to the ATM teller to draw some money which was at the other end of the hospital mind you !!!

thats done , next.. i had to walk to Kampung BAru... Well , that's the nearest workshop to my parking space in HKL. Went to a malay workshop first , but the abang told me that he doesn't have one. I went to the chinaman workshop next to his..

" Kita charge 20 ringgit la au bikin ini battery. Tara nampak sudah hujan ka ? "

What ??? I didn;t realize it was raining and i turned my back... Allah !! It was raining cats and dogs. Hmmm.. definitely NOT MY DAY TODAY !!!

" Kau bayar battery tu.. jom abang hantar... "

suddenly a voice came from behind. I turned again and saw the abang whose workshop i went to earlier. I quickly paid for my battery and carried the battery with me.

Abang Nordin ( well .. kena la berkenalan kan..orang dah tolong.. ) drove me to my car and helped me to fit the battery . He was so kind to help me eventhough it was raining heavily. I offered him the RM20 that the chinaman wanted to charge me but he refused.

" Hari ni hari kau malang.. mana tau esok hari abang pulak.. kan. lAgipun sapa lagi nak tolong melayu kalau bukan kita ? "

I was so touched by his gesture .... raindrops were certainly falling everywhere , freely. We exchanged cards and wished each other Selamat Hari Raya.

I am definitely sending my car to him for service soon! I really appreciated his help and may Allah repay his deeds especially during this ramadhan.

2 comments:

mafiz said...

Sumy jely manis..sumi jelly manis..rasa sedap agar-agar buahh...

Azad said...

Now you're indebted to give the guy a medical/aneasthetic treatment. ;)