Friday, October 28, 2005

Turn over

This week was a week of decisions . I dunno whether being a year older somehow affected me , i reckon one needs to sort out what one wanna really do with one's life. I suppose , everybody will come to a point where they have to decide on the future path of the career.

On Monday - after collecting my MYKAD ( ironic isn;t it.. collecting your IC on your birthday !! ) , I went to the Health Ministry to check on the status of my "pelepasan jawatan dengan izin". It was not music to my ears . Being a junior officer , KKM is not keen on letting me go to the university side.

I discussed my case with the UiTM registrar. I came to a conclusion ; well ,this issue has been boggling my mind for the past few months.

I decided to resign from my government post and join the university as their staff. A BIG DECISION !! haks..

Well.. i had to.. my only chance to enter the local postgraduate programme next year. Besides , there were few things which i considered to be my advantage by joining the university now rather than staying in the public service. Well , i will continue to serve in the public hospital but on a different capacity. I don't think being a trainee lecturer will deviate my devotion to patient care. Besides ; i have to be a really learned person before i can teach somebody else to be one !!

I tendered my one month notice yesterday and my boss was kind enough to support and sign the letter.Well , i still have another month to go before i go to Selayang Hospital!! We'll just see what the future holds...

4 comments:

ikmal said...

Wah, one small step for Lal, but one great leap for Komengism! It sure catches me by surprise, but I'm sure whatever decision you made was made with great thought, tact and strategy. Good luck!

Azad said...

It may seem hard the first time when you decide to resign. I was in a dilemma after more than 5 years in Unilever but once you have 'pecah dara' to resign the following ones are easier. Ask Fiqar, he should now better.

syachou said...

in my line of work, i guess its easier to resign and move on as you work on projects and hardly get attached with the company, its the people you work with that u get close to. But Azad is right, the first time susah, now its just like moving on to another project for me..new place, new people...

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Super lotto plus winning numbers for september 21 74 amc jeep pickup parts Meridia low price What is the difference between zocor and mevacor nursing degrees online Free property values insurance Law enforcement fitness http://www.sofas-43.info Neff fully integrated dishwashers