Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gile Active : Part 1


I woke up fairly early this morning . It had been almost a month since our last run. Azad and Edrin came to my place fairly early ; praying Subuh at my place. Kamal could not make it because he injured himself while playing FUTSAL on Friday ! Haiiyaaa bro.. all the training wasted ! Initially , we were a bit lazy after the long lay off but because of the RM40 entry fee ; we just had to run ! Rugi wooo... mahal !!

Arrived in Padang Merbok in time for the initial registration. There were lots of runners around and of course , everybody looked more professional than us ! Edrin and I decided to wear the official vest this time ; agak sexy sikit lar.. hahahaha.. Initially i was a bit reluctant considering my physique and the wrong bulges to show !!The nipple part was not flattering at all ..hahahahaha But then , bila lagi dak ?

The flag off was at 7am sharp and the start was steep. It was all around Bukit Tunku up and down. Mostly up up and away ! It was a punishing track , but my Bukit Kiara training helped me a lot in maintaining my stamina. It was quite alright !
The track was definitely created by a runner ; I sped up when I saw Padang Merbok ; thinking that Yes , I am about to end it ! But then , it was another whole round around Padang Merbok , there were uphills as well !!! hahahaha.. My legs were cramping then as I forced it prematurely.. I did not manage to see the map before the race and i guess the organizers wanted to catch us here !! Not funny... And for the first time in my running career , now i know how it feels to injure your nipples... damn , it must have been the vest ; My usual Selangor or Malaysia jersey never gave me this problem. Stupe has been talking about this everytime he goes for his run and i guess , i must get the new Nike Vest he reviewed in his blog !


Finished the race sub-2 ! very very close to 2 hours la.. hahaha.. My watch showed i ended the race in 1 hour and 58 minutes. i was no 913 i think. Not bad eih for my first New Balance 15K run! My legs were doing alright , no cramps or fatigue... well , i have to keep it that way for my Gile Active Part 2....

p/s i really really made sure my bladder and bowels were empty before the race this time.. :)

No comments: