Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ma y Day

And when everybody is celebrating worker's day by having their day off , here i am in ICU doing my on call ; service to the people ! I was looking forward for a good day but the first case that came from resus to me was a real bummer. Spent almost 4 hours resuscitating the patient and having somebody with an impossible IV access was a killer. She did not collapse on me yet then but her inotropic support was more than usual !! At the same time , my makcik in Bed 17 who i was about to extubate today bled really bad from her rectum ! Almost 2 L spurted out and needed to resuscitated her as well ! She was however more stable than my poor auntie.
Auntie passed away in the evening after an hour of CPR which she did not even respond to ; well her acidosis was so bad that you should not expect a miracle from a geriatric patient. Jahan was really kind to buy me dinner that i really appreciate it and finished the humongous amount of rice !!! hahahaha

I'm in the middle of creating a special wiki site for Part 1 Masters candidate . Hopefully it will be a good resource page for future anaesthetists ! Nantilah , i'll reveal the site when i launch it .. hehehe macam real je..

No comments: