Friday, May 23, 2008

Gile Active : PArt 2


I only had 6 hours rest after the 15K run , before we proceeded to our next activity. Tried to sleep , but I was just restless on the bed. I suppose it was the exciting proposition on climbing Nuang at night ! Few weeks back , we went to Lolo camp and had to return because of my locum at 5. Once an avid climber.. always a climber! Initially it was just me and Azad because nobody else responded to our call. Shakti was on call so he had to give it a miss. Then , Mal who had never been active for quite some time took the challenge and joined us ! Now we have a new "broke-back" mountain gang.. hahahah

starting at 1145pm
We started a bit late due to unforeseen circumstances which nearly pissed me off .. but sabar..sabar.. hek..hek.. the plan was to start climbing at 9pm but we only arrived in Base Camp Pangsun at 11 pm!! Mal was hoping that we'd cancel the expedition off but obviously both me and Azad were on high dose of adrenaline !!

We started the trek in the dark ; the moon was shining bright therefore it was not pitch black. Walking at night is kinda fun . The long never ending track was not obvious because we were unable to visualise what is ahead of us !! We arrived in Lolo camp at 2 am ; parked ourselves beside a team of campers who were still not asleep yet. We had our ceremonial bath .. hehehe damn sejuk man !! I really can;t describe how it felt ; putting yourself in the cold running river at 2 am in the morning !! It was nature at its best.. Ate Maggi and all of us slept soundly .. :)
We woke up early for Subuh and started cooking breakfast.It was roti prata and hot dogs !
breakfast at 6 am !

Haks..It was nice to camp out and I certainly enjoyed it . When everybody was ready ; we started our trek to the peak at 745am. My legs started feeling sore and I had to gulp my Celebrex to ensure my legs would survive what was to be a really really challenging vertical climb !!
Passed Kem Pacat ( but no pacat in sight ) and then up up and away to Puncak Pengasih. I t was really demotivating because we were hoping that the peak was within reach from there .Luckily i read and gathered some info before climbing that it was within my knowledge that we really HAD TO DESCENT BEFORE SUMITTING. It was agony and the vertical climb was a KILLER !!
grammar mcm mana ni ?
Reached the Summit at noon.. Alhamdulillah ! Allahu Akbar !!! Azad was sweeping Mal and arrived a bit later.. We did it !! EXCELLENT !!! It was cold up there !! I had to wear my windbreaker to keep myself warm. It was satisfying nonetheless.
We had our fair shair of rest on top of Nuang , the highest Peak in Selangor before descending. To climb up was a challenge , to go down was another ! It was so steep that we have to make sure our steps were solid ; and fatigue was setting in. Mal was really exhausted ; He started to not talk !! Hahahaha.. But i must applaud his effort because he was never active climbing mountains before . Able to summit Nuang is an achievement !! EXCELLENT Mal !!

We walked slowly and Mal was getting more disorientated ; he kept on tripping. I was walking behind him and of course , the option of stopping was never in mind. We have to be back down before it gets dark. Azad and I took turns carrying Mal's haversack. It was tiring but we had to go on because I have to be back home !!!


Mal pengsan..
We arrived in Pangsun at 745pm and it was such a feeling to complete the climb ! It was only then that our legs were beginning to become jelly-like ! We ate dinner at the Batu 8 stalls and it was the damn delicious one !!!
Thanks Azad and Mal. It was a satisfying trip. eventhough I kept telling Azad with a smile during the climb of how I was feeling. It was pure endorphine septicaemia !! Enough to overcome the Mal's methane fart intoxication !!! Hahahaha...

2 comments:

Azad said...

I enjoyed this trip to the MAX! Lets do something like this again. Next is Bukit Tabur. Jom!

ikmal said...

Thanks alot Lal for making this trip a success, and for all your and Azad's help. It was an experience not to be forgotten. And Azad's suggestion of Bukit Tabur is EXCELLENT! As long as it is BUKIT and not GUNUNG Tabur lah...mmbuaaah...