Sunday, January 08, 2012

Teringin nak jadi DJ?

Radio Melayu Perth is ran by the Malay Association of Western Australia for more than 19 years. It is an hour slot running on 95.3 FM from 9pm to 10pm on Saturday evenings. It is in fact part of the multilingual radio serving Perth's population which would cater to their riginal ethnicity. For more info and what else is on or if you wanna have a listen 6eba radio !
I've met Tuan Kamarulzaman , the main DJ since its inception many years ago during the 1Malaysia bicycle ride late October. We had a chat on many things and he did invite me to join their team for the weekly schedule.It was something that i thought to be really interesting and one of the many things that I've always wanted to do! However, work commitments as well as family visits during the past few months had limited my Saturday nights to be dedicated for this activity.
However, since it is 2012 I've decided to give him a call and perhaps join his team. Of course, he was more than happy to have me on board and there I was in a radio station conti for the very first time.
I met a few others, who themselves Australians and had been here for more than 10 years. I had my go as well talking and at the same time being broadcasted! Haha And my induction song just had to be Untukmu Feminin!! hahaha
It was an interesting experience and I hope to be a regular Saturday DJ with my own slot. So wait for me ah.. ( For those out of Aussie, bule je streaming on the net, We're Digital! )

No comments: