Saturday, June 21, 2008

Legendary land

I am currently blogging from my hotel in Palembang; not with my laptop because i don't have any. I'm using the computer provided near the reception which is for guest usage.
This is my second trip to Indonesia , the first being like 24 years ago and that was to Jakarta. I've never realized how similar we are with the people here. Lots of the malay origin in Malaysia came from Palembang. I have yet to visit the historical sites ; and i guess as somebody who loves histroy it would be interesting to step upon Bukit Seguntang ; where Tun Sri Lanang said it all began ! ( read your history books folks ! )
I also didn't know earlier , our visit here was with the MGBM ( Majlis Gabungan Belia Melaka) with its president , the current Deputy Minister of Higher Education ( Dato Idris Haron ) is making a visit to the students here. Therefore , few functions were formal . Evne then , i reckon it is quite alright to meet up the medics here in Palembang ; I just came back from a dinner with the lot ! I dunno if any of them blog so they will come across mine if they search for the event !!
I can't upload my pics atthe moment because the computer here is very slow but I will surely do whenever i have the chance !
Until then , I'll be venturing Palembang of Sumsel... *smile*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doctor ,

Cant wait to see what photo dr will put up for ur trip to Palembang ... Hehe .... Anyway dr , im happy to meet u that day ...
Somemore when dr talked about anesthesia , i become quite interested in it because it is a damn challenging work ... Hehe ^_^

Good Luck ...
Take care ...


Michelle ( 1 of The M'sian Student in Palembang )

mafeitz said...

Hahaha.. thank u for reading my blog. Good luck for your MD eih.. do join us in Anaesthesia once u are free to choose what you want to do!!