Thursday, February 12, 2015

1st meet & greet in #PestabukuSelangor2015 for #Diagnosis2

It was rezeki that we managed to collaborate with Deen Prints to sell Diagnosis2 in Pesta Buku Selangor. It was never in our earlier plan but is definitely a good platform to publicize the book. Of course, with every book fair, authors will come and have a signing session right? 
I was oncall on that day and before 12pm I was praying hard that I will not be called. Alhamdulillah, the coast was clear and there I was with the kids to do my first ever book signing. AF and FL could not attend because of their commitment to work. Honestly, it s not easy to get all us 7 at one sitting! 
The event started at 12pm. As usual, I am the early bird and i could see people were waiting around the N21 booth. Of course, the star attraction expected would be AF, FL and our latest star, Ben. @heart_kl. Me? Aku hanya insan biasa that even Ammar, Deen Prints CEO did not realize who I am when i arrived haha I am that invisible :) hehe 
Shortly, Ben arrived and I must tabik Din for coming from all the way from Temerloh to make the event merrier! Azah and Aizzat arrived later and we were on full swing sigining and talking to our readers. Azah was definitely a hit with the sisters and i guess she must be a role model to them. Honestly, I cant imagine if AF and FL were here.. sure kecoh tak ingat haha kena upah RELA standby.
It was a different experience for me. There was a que to start off with and instantly subhanallah, memang macam dah jadi celebrity! hahaha But of course, that is never the intention.
 Alhamdulillah, it was good to see people keen and interested in our book. Of course the main bulk were the Gen Y and Z generation but there were few from the elder generation who lined up to have our signatures on the book. Thank you sir!! 
Alhamdulillah, the event went well and there was no commotion or FRU needed to be on standby. Well, definitely not for me but i am worried for Ben as we go to bigger book fairs! Haha Nanti jadi sejarah lak, first time author mobbed by fans :P
Insha Allah, God willing our next meet and greet will be at the MPH bookfair in March.

No comments: