Friday, February 03, 2012

RUBBISH ERGS!

I've just received an email from back home ; regarding the 2012 opening for ERGS - A Research Grant with such promising incentives for aspiring researches by MOHE.
BULLS**T!
Total crapness and a definite resource money for cronies of the MOHE Select committee.Yup, the Ministry of Higher Education with a Grant scheme kononnya MACAM BAGUS but total RUBBISH BY CONTENT!
I had a bitter experience last year when enthusiasticly I applies for it. It may be an ambitious study but it is doable with all the resources I had in Sungai Buloh Hospital. I had the support of the faculty, the hospital and everyone was looking forward for it to be granted.It was almost impossible to be rejected based on the idea.

Obviously, I was not successful. But the answer I received from the email was, nak baca tak email tu :

"We regret to inform that your proposal entitled: The Diagnostic and Prognostic Utilisation of S_1000B, Neuron Specific Enolase (NSE), Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP) and Interleukin-6 (IL-6) As Biomarkers for Neuroprotection Post Severe Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) has not been approved for ERGS 2011 application. Please find the attached comments for your reference.

Comments:
So many studies already performed in this conversational area. The information will not be useful for the major of patient."

Maaakkk aaiii.. I cant believe reading the so UNPROFESSIONAL COMMENT! Dahlah broken English nak mampus and this was the reply from MOHE? I actually demanded on reasons why I was rejected but to no avail.. there was no answer. Kepala hotak dia?
MAybe I can't accept rejection or too grandiose with my own ideas and ability? Perhaps... 

but starting January 2012, There is a study currently conducted in Royal Perth Hospital called the MOBY study. And guess what? The methodology and outcome.. VERY SIMILAR TO  MY PROPOSAL...

Camana Malaysia? What can I say..

 

No comments: