Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Daulat Tuanku! Sultan Nazrin Muizzudin Shah.. Alfatihah to Sultan Azlan

Sultan Azlan Shah passed away on the 27th of May. It was indeed a sad day as he will always be known to be our most educated Agong/Sultan. Which other traditional ruler has achieved the status of Lord of Justice? Memang power.. I have known from my sources that he has been ill for quite sometime. 2 Consultants in IJN received their datukship just last month for their efforts in handling Tuanku.
1993 Pidato Piala Diraja finals in Pusat Islam was my distant memory of my encounter with him, then the Yang di Pertuan Agong of Malaysia. Eventhough i did not win the national title, but it was such an honour.. while eagerly chasing him to get his autograph;
"Ampun tuanku.. i would be grateful if you could sing your autograph on your picture?" me showing the official finals souvenir book.
"Most certainly.." he answered.
Obviously we were in the middle of the walk way, there were no tables in sight.I was like.. ok, so what now.. hahaha I guess it was the unspoken silence which then triggered tuanku to suggest something!
" Young man.. turn around" Tuanku said.
Tuanku used my back to sign the autograph and of course, i had my photographer (another contestant) to snap the superbly kodak moment!!
Perhaps.. I was maybe the only person who managed to get Almarhum Tuanku to sign his autograph on my back!!!!!
Alfatihah..

No comments: